Get your degree and pursue your professional life to be successful in World Bank Countries of Operation. It’s a good thing! Applications for the World Bank Young Professionals Program are open. In this article, we’ll explain this scholarship program, its advantages, and the steps to follow for the application procedures.
World Bank Young Professionals Program 2022-2023 offers a unique opportunity to progress into exciting management and technical posts within the WBG for students with interest in international development and leadership. This program provides salary, healthcare insurance, mobility premiums, and pension and tax benefits.
The program is designed for highly motivated and qualified individuals with expertise in the fields relevant to WBG operational and technical aspects like finance, economics education, health care for the government and social sciences, engineering urban planning, agricultural, and natural resources.
The Young Professionals Program has hired over 1,700 people from more than 120 countries since its beginning in 1963. It has employed everyone from recruits to senior leaders inside the World Bank Group. The program was created and continues to attract highly competent, multi-faceted, and enthusiastic young people who have demonstrated their commitment to international development. They have been supported by academic excellence in their professional and leadership capabilities.
The program helps recruit new employees into the organization and culture within the World Bank Group through a highly selective and competitive process. It promotes the rapid acceptance of newly-hired young professionals.
The World Bank and IFC have joined their Youth Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP).
The program accepts applications from 3 institutions (the World Bank, IFC, and MIGA). Based on the rich history of the previous WBG programs, the WBG Youth Program will seek to recruit and train future leaders to cooperate effectively across our institutions in collaborating on WBG solutions to development challenges.
- Level of Study: Fellowship/Training
- Institution(s): The World Bank
- Learn in countries of Operation
- Deadline Application deadline is June 15 to July 15 for profiles on all platforms. The deadline is between August 16 and September 20 only for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
Young Professionals Program provides the beneficiary with the following advantages:
- Salaries: As entry-level professionals within the WBG, young professionals can expect a competitive international pay scale determined by their educational background and experience.
- Health Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs: Young Professionals and their families (including the declared domestic partners) can choose between three extensive dental and medical benefit plans. The WBG also offers all staff members basic life and accident insurance at no cost. Additionally, staff can choose between the optional life or accident plans. The WBG provides workers’ and disability compensation insurance to all employees.
- Mobility Premium, The benefit of financial aid, is offered for a set time frame to pay for expenses that come with being an expatriate member, depending on family size and the country of origin. This benefit is only offered to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents.
- Tax Allowance: U.S. staff receive an additional quarterly payment to cover the federal, state, and local tax liabilities they incur on World Bank Group income. Foreign expatriates and U.S. permanent residents do not have U.S. income tax liability and therefore are not ineligible for this tax benefit.
- Pension plan: It is the WBG sponsors an extensive pension plan for eligible employees. After separation from the WBG or upon separation, the option of a lump sum or pension benefits will be paid to the employees depending on their eligibility.
- Benefits for Transportation and Relocation: These benefits are only for employees who aren’t residents of the Washington, Baltimore metro zone at the date of appointment. The World Bank will bear the expense of one-way transportation for employees and their immediate family members from the place of residence of the staff member. A one-time grant is provided in the initial paycheck to cover relocation costs.
- Finance Assistance The World Bank Group provides various financial assistance programs, including a two-year settlement-in loan that is interest-free to those who are moving after a pre-arranged appointment.
Young Professionals Program Features
A complete development program was developed to help YPs can develop the WBG mentality, acquire the necessary foundational knowledge for understanding and contributing to the WBG, and to develop the skills needed to be successful in a job entry-level such as leadership; collaboration, integrated thinking, the ability to innovate while building the culture of continuous learning.
The curriculum comprises a mix of learning opportunities in groups within a WBG group, small groups, or individuals. The lessons include onboarding exercises, e-learning, discussion groups with WBG leaders, leadership development, career development sessions, and networking events.
Young Professionals will be expected to contribute to the unit’s work plan as they acquire an understanding of the policies of WBG and work. During their two-year training program and by their requirements for business and Young Professionals’ needs, they will be involved in an industry-driven, rotational “stretch/exposure” assignment where they will get valuable experience on the job.
Young Professionals who are part of Operation are most likely to be part of a group on field trips for business, also called ‘missions, ‘ held in developing countries. These trips allow young Professionals to be exposed to the difficulties that face global growth, learn the fundamental features of WBG’s work and also meet with WBG’s clients.
Coaching and Mentoring
the YP buddy: Before joining the program, young Professionals receive a mate from their previous group according to their professional interests and backgrounds in the field. YP buddies assist recruits in settling into the new workplace and environment and know the expectations and obstacles that the program poses.
Technical Buddy: In areas of hiring, a skilled colleague is assigned to be the “go-to person” to answer technical queries in their field.
WBG Mentor When they have established themselves in their positions, Young Professionals may be placed with a senior technical associate who will coach them on subjects like career choices and “stretch/exposure” assignment opportunities and assist them in gaining an understanding of the company’s culture.
The Youth Program Team: The Youth Program Team is dedicated to recruiting and assisting in integrating Young professionals into WBG. The team organizes activities to help YPs with their needs, including mentorship and guidance, helping to develop career plans and other things. Youth Program Team Youth Program Team is an all-in-one resource for Young Professionals seeking support and direction.
Eligibility Criteria for World Bank Young Professionals Program
These are the essential requirements to be considered eligible to be considered for this program. Young Professionals Program.
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries Eligible Countries: The Bank’s Group policy on recruitment is to employ personnel of the highest quality with as broad an area as is possible as possible and in preference to those of WBG member countries or other countries that operate.
- She was born on or on the day after September 1, 1990.
- Graduate degree requirements:
- – To apply for World Bank placement: Complete the relevant master’s degree by July 15, 2022, or a Ph.D. by September 2023. The fields of study must be connected to the World Bank Business Area.
- – To be eligible for IFC & MIGA placement: Complete an appropriate graduate degree by September 11, 2023. The study fields should be relevant to the IFC and MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to the Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent) in Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science, and Engineering.
- Focus on a specific area relevant to the Business Areas of YPP.
- Provide relevant work experience or ongoing studies at the doctoral level.
- For World Bank placement: Demonstrate three years or more in relevant work experience or equivalent ongoing research at the doctoral level.
- – for IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate the use of4plus months of relevant expertise in the fields of finance, including political risk insurance, credit enhancement, program development, or economic development, as well as in consulting. Qualifications like the CFA are highly recommended.
- Fluency in English
- The ability to speak one or one or more of the WBG’s work languages (including Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish — is desirable. However, it is not necessary.
- Engage in and show passion for international development
- You have exceptional academic qualifications.
- Show excellent customer engagement, team leadership, and communication capabilities.
- Prove that you are knowledgeable of the current trends in the sector.
- Engage in and show passion for international development
- Engage clients with a high degree and demonstrate team leadership abilities.
- You have exceptional academic qualifications.
- Have you had experience with international development countries?
How to Apply for Young Professionals Program?
Follow the steps below to apply for the Young Professionals Program:
(1) Following documents are required:
- Academic Credentials*
- 2 Short Essays
- A Short Summary of the Thesis or dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if it is applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
(2) Before You Apply, ensure that:
- You satisfy the minimum criteria to be eligible to be considered for you to be eligible for Young Professionals Program and,
- You have all the information, including critical dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, and Ph.D. Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
(3) Once you’ve submitted your application, you won’t be able to change or update your information.
(4) Upon successful application, you will get an email confirmation of the YPP ID.
(5) Applicants will be updated on their actions when the application process moves through.
For more information about the Young Professionals Program, please visit the official sites: