If you want to Continue your Academics study in the USA, Then there is a good news! the Helen Hay Whitney Scholarships are available. In this article, we’ll go over the details of this award, its benefits, and the step-by-step application procedure.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship 2023 is a fully-funded postdoctoral award for students studying abroad. The scholarship provides an amount of $60,000 in financial aid annually.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship invite applicants from students abroad who wish to pursue a postdoctoral program for the academic year of 2023. This scholarship will provide an amount of $60,000 in financial aid per year.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships is open to international students pursuing postdoctoral research at USA universities. The Foundation offers sufficient financial assistance to encourage young scientists’ careers in medical or biological research. The Foundation works to accomplish its ultimate objective of bringing more skilled, highly trained, and committed medical researchers.
The Helen Hay Whitney fellowship competition is highly competitive. Less than 5 percent of applicants for our fellowships are granted. It is important to note that the Foundation cannot criticize inadequate proposals due to the sheer volume of applications received.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
- Learn inUnited States
- Course Offered: Biomedical Sciences
- Program Time:3 years
- Deadline: June 15, 2022, 5:00pm EST.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships provide recipients with the following advantages:
- The Foundation will provide funds to cover transportation to the location of the fellowship at the time of the activation of the fellowship. This is for the Fellow as well as their family members.
- The Foundation also covers the travel cost incurred for the annual Fellows Meetings, which are held in November.
- There is an allowance for dependent children of $1500 per year to each of the children.
- The payment is not made to transport household items.
- The current stipend, as well as an allowance for expenses, is:
- Stipend Research Allowance
- 1. $54,000
- 2nd Year $57,000
- 3rd Year $60,000 $1,500
Eligibility Criteria for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
To be eligible to apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships, the candidate must meet all the requirements listed in the following order:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- NOTE: In case you are a foreign citizen (including from areas of conflict), you must possess local residency and be able to be employed in the state that is the fellowship for which you’re applying.
- Candidates who have or who are currently in the process of getting a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are interested in beginning postdoctoral education in fundamental biomedical research.
- Candidates who do not have more than one year of postdoctoral research experience as of the date of the deadline to apply and have been awarded a Ph.D. (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree not longer than two years before the deadline and an M.D. degree not more extended than three years before the date of expiration.
- The fellowships are awarded to foreign nationals to conduct research in laboratories within the US only. And it is anticipated that most applicants will be in North America at the time of their application.
- The Foundation is not likely to consider applicants who are planning to spend the duration of the fellowship within the lab in which they’ve completed significant postdoctoral or predoctoral training. This fellowship program aims to enhance postdoctoral education and experience, and a significant change in the location is recommended.
- International students will have to get the proper visa documents from US Immigration.
- The training of house staff in clinical house is not considered “postdoctoral laboratory training.”.
- Scientists with established careers or advanced fellows are not taken into consideration. These fellowships are designed for the initial postdoctoral training phase only.
- The Annual Meeting, which lasts for two days, of Fellows, takes place in November each year, during which every third-year Fellow will present the results of their research. This is a crucial part of the Fellowship Program because of the possibility it affords the Fellows to exchange ideas and exposure to biomedical disciplines that are not their personal. Participation in the meeting in full is required as a requirement to be accepted for the Fellowship.
How to Apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships?
Go to the official website provided at the end. But, here are some essential guidelines for applying for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships available for Postdoctoral Research:
- Take note of the steps carefully before attempting to submit the online application form on this page.
- Download the Template for Reference Letters and forward it to your four reference persons. Four reference letters you have completed will be sent to (43******399@d***a.com). Convert the letter into pdf format and then name the file by the guidelines for the Template Reference Letter.
- Download the form Applications Items 1 to 6. Once completed and uploaded, you can upload it alongside the other requested items.
Important: The uploading of the compressed file must be immediately after an application cover of a two-page application cover (it is not recommended to upload at a later date).
- Please fill out the application. Fill out the application form here
To learn more regarding Helen Hay Whitney’s Fellowships to Postdoctoral Research, Please visit their official website: