You can continue your Study in Germany. There’s good news! The International Max Planck Research School PhD scholarship application is now open. We will discuss the IMPRS Ph.D. Scholarship, its benefits, and the steps to apply.
International Max Planck Research School Ph.D. Scholarship 2022-2023 provides a fully-funded scholarship for international students. The contract includes health insurance, pension contribution, and other social benefits. After taxes and deductions, the net take-home income for Ph.D. students is a minimum of 1,700 Euros per month.
International students are welcome to apply for the IMPRS Ph.D. Program. The International Max Planck Research School for Cell, Developmental, and Systems Biology is a school that trains young doctors. It has three locations in Dresden and combines Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science. They work with scientists from more than 50 countries to answer the question: How cells form tissues and organisms. Our Ph.D. students are passionate about cross-disciplinary science and seek new directions in their studies.
We are looking for talented and innovative young researchers to join the International Max Planck Research School. They must be curious by nature and eager to find new ways to pursue our study mission. The successful applicants will have an unwavering desire to change the course of science and the ability to thrive in a highly competitive, interdisciplinary environment.
- Level Of Study: Doctoral. (Ph.D.).
- Institution(s),International Max Planck Research School
- Study in Germany
- Computer science
- Applied Mathematics
- Life Sciences
- Program Period:4 years
- Deadline Applications are accepted at all times
The International Max Planck Research Schools Ph.D. The scholarship provides the following benefits to the recipient:
- The IMPRS CellDevoSys guarantees financial support for your entire Ph.D. work. You will receive full financial support for up to four years. The IMPRS does not allow Ph.D. projects to extend beyond four years.
- An employment contract provides financial support according to 65% TvoD (German tariff applicable to employees in civil service).
- The agreement includes health insurance, pension contribution, and other social benefits. After taxes and deductions, the net take-home income for Ph.D. students is a minimum of 1,700 Euros per month.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for the International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship
The following criteria are required to qualify for the International Max Planck Research School Ph.D. Scholarship:
- Language Required: English.
- We recommend you include TOEFL and IELTS results in your application if possible.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Admission will be based on only past scientific qualifications and future potential. This allows for fair and transparent recruitment of the most qualified candidates.
- Before starting your thesis, you must have a degree from a university or a graduation date.
- It is vital to have a high level of proficiency in scientific knowledge. Enthusiasm is essential, as well as collegiality.
- Before pursuing a Ph.D. thesis, applicants must have or expect to receive a Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Biology, or Chemistry. Applicants with a substantial BSc degree may also apply. Independent research and a written thesis are part of the curriculum.
- English is the language of instruction, and applicants must be fluent in English. We recommend including your TOEFL and IELTS scores with your application if possible.
- Candidates who have been a member of an IMPRS group longer than three months are “internal candidates.” Internal candidates are generally eligible for admission. If their previous affiliation did not exceed 12 months, they might be admitted to a research group to do their Ph.D. thesis work.
- To be considered for interviews, internal candidates must show outstanding performance and high potential.
- Evaluation Process
- All eligible applications are subject to evaluation. The initial assessment considers the applicant’s national education system and is performed by internal experts from the respective educational system.
- During the evaluation process, we may also conduct Skype or phone interviews. Faculty members are encouraged to recommend qualified applicants for further evaluation. They will jointly select the candidates for interviews in Dresden.
How do I apply for the International Max Planck Research School Ph.D.? Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Get acquainted with our research as well as open positions
- You must be passionate about conducting research with us
- Two referees are needed to support your application
- Complete the Application Form
- Once your referees have submitted their recommendation, submit
Visit the official website to learn more about International Max Planck Research School Ph.D. Scholarship.