You can Pursue your studies in China today, as the Confucius Institute Scholarship is now open. We will discuss the Confucius Institute Scholarship, its benefits, and the application process.
Confucius Institute Scholarship 2022-2023, a scholarship that is fully funded for international students. This scholarship can be used to study the Chinese language or culture at over 150 Chinese universities. The CIS Scholarship includes tuition and lodging fees, insurance, and a monthly allowance.
These scholarships are popular among students around the world. Confucius Institute (a government entity) is dedicated to spreading knowledge about Chinese culture and language across the globe.
Confucius Institute Scholarships may be applied for specific doctoral programs, research stays, participation at international conferences, and courses in the Chinese language or culture. If you are interested to learn more about the scholarships available for postgraduates and researchers,
You can also apply for Chinese Provincial Government scholarships. These scholarships provide fully-funded scholarships, including accommodation, insurance, and a monthly living allowance.
Confucius Institute Scholarship 2023 Benefits
Confucius Institute scholarship includes tuition, lodging fees (in a University Residence, in a Room Shared with Another Person), basic medical insurance, and a monthly allowance for Personal Expenses, which are divided as follows:
- BTCSOL Students or Chinese Language and Culture Course (approximately 350 USD / Month) – 2,500 Yuan
- For MTCSOL students, 3,000 Yuan per month (equivalent to about 420 USD per month).
Recently, it was considered that scholarship holders could live off campus and not be accommodated in university residences. To support rent expenses, Confucius Institute will provide 700 Yuan per calendar month in addition to the monthly allowance.
The Confucius Institute will annually review the qualifications of beneficiaries for scholarships lasting more than one calendar year. If outstanding results are not achieved, they will renew the total funding. If the student’s performance is not in line with the average, the Confucius Institute may not continue the scholarship. It may offer partial funding, which covers all expenses but not the monthly allowance. Depending on your country, the Confucius Institute can also pay for international travel to/from China.
Categories and Duration of Confucius Institute Scholarship
Scholarships for studying the Chinese language and culture. There are three types.
- Scholarships for academic years: These scholarships can be for a total length of 11 months and can be started in September (until June of the following year) or March (until January the following year).
- Scholarships for an academic term: The scholarship’s actual duration is five months. It could be the semester that runs from September through January (winter) and the semester that runs from March through July (summer).
- Scholarships for four-week courses: These courses can be taken during the winter holidays in China (December to January) or during the summer holidays (July to August).
Scholarships available for future teachers of Chinese There are three types of modalities.
- Scholarship for the Master in Teaching Chinese As a Foreign Language (MTCSOL). It lasts two academic years.
- One-year scholarship for the Chinese language and culture. Two years of MTCSOL. In all, there are three academic courses.
- Scholarship to study the Bachelor in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language. It is a 4-course educational program.
The three CIS scholarships to train Chinese language teachers usually begin in September or February. Online applications are required for these scholarships. The system will allow you to select two universities out of the 150 that offer the scholarship in order of preference. Check out the universities offering Confucius Institute scholarships. To access all information in Chinese or English, register first.
How to apply for Confucius Institute Scholarships 2023
Please follow these steps to apply for Confucius Institute Scholarships:
- Application deadline – Until May 1st (usually the first day of the month) if you apply for a scholarship that will allow you to start in September. If you want to start in March, you can use it until November 1st.
- Delivery of applications If you are a Confucius Institute student (ideal to apply), please get in touch with the responsible person for the scholarships. You must apply online to the official webpage of the Confucius Institute scholarships. You must have all documents scanned, including your passport.
- All required papers must be submitted (preferably certified copies) as they cannot be returned. You will need to send them via post to Hanban (central offices in China) by the in charge of the scholarships. Suppose you’re not a Confucius Institute student. In that case, you can apply online to submit your documents to the Confucius Institute nearest you, to a Chinese consulate or embassy in your country, or any exam centers or educational establishments connected with Hanban.
- Results: The final result for scholarship students can be found on the Official Page of the Confucius Institute scholarships either at the start of July (if you are opening in September) or at the start of January (if you are beginning in March).
- Sending documents for processing the visa The documents necessary to process your visa are sent to you by post within 15 days of publication. As you might have to wait for the letter to arrive, I recommend patience.
Apply in China, and you could study at the University of Jinan. Zhejiang University. Harbin Engineering University. Tianjin University. Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Confucius Institute Scholarships 2023: Eligibility Requirements
These are the documents and eligibility requirements to apply for Confucius Institute Scholarships:
- Do not have Chinese citizenship and be in good health. You must show that you are healthy and in good health to obtain your Chinese residence permit. Once you arrive at your destination university, you must present a copy of the Chinese official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Formula.
- All applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 35. For those who are Chinese teachers, it is possible to extend the eligibility up to 45. For undergraduate scholarships, applicants cannot be older than 20.
- It is essential to have a level of Chinese language proficiency (oral and written HSK) and, in some cases, BCT or oral BCT. This depends on the scholarship. To be eligible for scholarship funding to study an academic course in the Chinese language or culture, you must have attained a minimum score of 180 in the HSK3 writing exam and a minimum of 60 in the oral HSK3. Provides a complete list of language requirements.
- Minimum qualifications: To be eligible for the MTCSOL Scholarship, you must provide the diploma and the transcript of your undergraduate studies. For the BTCSOL scholarship or the Chinese language courses, you will need to prove you have completed high school. This documentation must be in English or Chinese. If not, you will need to submit a sworn translation.
- A recommendation letter is required for scholarship applicants who wish to study BTCSOL or Chinese courses. For MTCSOL scholarship candidates, there are two letters. The in-charge person at the Confucius Institute where you are applying for the scholarship must sign the letters.
- The MTCSOL Scholarship will give preference to applicants who have demonstrated that they can work as Chinese Language Professors in China after completing their master’s degrees.
- For the one-semester and four-week scholarships, it is unnecessary to have previously studied in China.
NOTE You will be asked to create a brief motivation letter (about 300 words) before you submit your online application.