Pursue your studies in Switzerland today. It’s achievable as the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship We will discuss the benefits of this scholarship and how to apply.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2022-2023, a scholarship that is fully funded for international students. This scholarship is open to master’s, Ph.D., and postdoctoral scholars. This scholarship covers a monthly payment and exemptions from tuition fees. It also includes health insurance, housing allowance, airfare, and airfare.
The Federal Commission of Scholarships, in partnership with the Swiss Government, sponsors the Swiss Scholarship. Swiss Government Scholarships award scholarships to more than 180 Countries. Eligible applicants can be of any nationality. The scholarship is open to postgraduate students in all fields and young physicians.
Research scholarships are available to postgraduate researchers in any discipline with a master’s level. They can come to Switzerland to study research or continue their studies at the doctoral and postdoctoral levels. Research scholarships are available at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities in applied sciences, and the two federal technology institutions.
- Level Of Study: Masters Degrees, Ph.D., and Postdoctoral
- Institutions: Swiss Government/Swiss Universities
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunities Focus Areas: See the types below.
- The program period depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline Specific to each country. You can find them here and here.
Types and functions of the Swiss Government
- The scholarship is open to post-graduate students in any discipline who hold at least a master’s level and plan to travel to Switzerland for research or further studies.
- Research scholarships are available for study or research at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, federal institutes of technology, and four research institutes. Only applicants nominated and approved by an academic mentor of one of these higher education institutes will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to students interested in pursuing a first master’s degree.
- Art scholarships are available for students to study at any Swiss conservatory and university of the Arts. This scholarship is only available to students from a restricted number of countries.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2021 will enjoy the following benefits.
- The monthly payment is CHF 1,920.
- Only available to non-EU or non-EFTA granted: The FCS provides mandatory Swiss insurance.
- There are no family allowances.
- Non-EU or non-EFTA country scholarship recipients receive a lump sum (flight allowance) to purchase a ticket back home.
- Remarkable CHF 300 Housing Allowance (paid once at the start of scholarship).
- A one-year, half-fare card for public transportation.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holder receives support services and various sightseeing and dinner tours.
- Refer to the country-specific factsheets for details on scholarship benefits.
Criteria for Swiss Government Excellence scholarships
The following requirements are necessary to qualify for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships:
- English is the required language.
- Eligible countries: All world nations
- A Master’s degree or equivalent degree from a university before 31 July 2021 (degree document) recognized by the Swiss University. To prove your eligibility, you must submit the degree to the Federal Commission for Scholarships before the scholarship award.
- The applicant must be born after 31/12 1985.
- Applicants who have been in Switzerland more than one calendar year before the September scholarship are not eligible.
- All applicants must submit a letter (with a brief CV) from an academic host professor at the selected Swiss university, confirming their willingness to support and supervise the research. The application may be rejected if the applicant does not provide such support.
- All applicants must submit a research proposal, including a timeline. This is the core of the application. The applicant must devote all of their attention to it.
- Applicants must understand the language skills necessary for research/studies.
- The second scholarship is unavailable to applicants awarded a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship.
- Scholarship holders are expected to move to Switzerland during their grant period.
NOTE: For more details on eligibility criteria, please refer to the country-specific facts sheets.
How to apply for the Swiss Government Excellence scholarships?
The following instructions are required to apply for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships.
(1) Prepare these documents:
- Signed FCS form (typed and printed).
- A complete CV including a list of academic publications, awards
- A motivation letter (max. two pages).
- A complete research proposal (max. Five pages, signed, using the FCS research proposal
- A copy of the letter (including their brief CV) from the academic host professor at the chosen Swiss university confirms why they are willing and able to supervise the research.
- A short biography of the academic mentor at your home institution.
- Two confidential letters recommending two professors from the applicant’s area (use only the FCS Reference Form – original sealed envelopes only for 1st set). The 2nd set will not be accepted.
- Photocopies of certificates and grade sheets from previously attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades, starting with the most recent. French, Italian, German, or German, with certified translations. Do not submit the original certificates.
- Signed medical document (only the FCS form for this purpose).
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (primary with personal data). Add copies of both keys to dual nationals. Applying for a residence permit in Switzerland is required by applicants already in Switzerland.
(2) Get a Swiss representation for your country’s application package.
(3) Please submit two sets (=1 copy + 1 original) of application documents in the exact order below: The first set contains all original, signed papers and confidential letters of recommendation. Except for the personal letters (only 1st), the second set is a copy of the 1st. There are no duplicates for the second set.
Note: Please don’t put your documents in plastic folders.
For more information about the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships, please visit this official website: