Begin your Belgium study adventure. It’s great news! Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships applications are open at the moment. We will be discussing the benefits of this scholarship and the application process.
International students can apply for VUB scholarships to study in Europe for the European Master of Science and Photonics. The Vrije Universiteit Brussel will grant several full scholarships worth 10000 EUR to help with living costs while studying in Brussels.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Bris) is a university located in the heart of Europe. It is internationally focused. VUB is committed to building a more robust culture through engaging and effective education and studies that are high-quality and tailored to meet the needs of students. All applicants planning to enroll at Vrije Universiteit Brussel during the entry review will be able to demonstrate their technical knowledge. Every grant request after approval of the program will be assessed because it is competent and encouraging.
The BPHOT, VUB’s Brussels Photonics Research Group, offers competitively awarded scholarships to qualified academics. All MSc students are eligible to apply. Without separate implementation, the Photonics research group can award a BPHOT Excellence Scholarship at VUB. Candidates who are awarded the B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship need to do an MSc. VUB’s thesis. VUB B-PHOT will encourage students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. to graduate with distinction and demonstrate success in application and expertise. All new international learners can now apply for the VUB-PHOT Excellence scholarships.
- Levels of Study:Masters
- Institution(s): Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Study In:Belgium
- DeadlineApril 01st, 2024
The studentships are available in the fields of Bridging Physics, Engineering, and Photonics. The program is open to those with a bachelor’s (or master’s) degree in Electrical Engineering or (Applied) Physics or Materials Sciences. Students in their final year of such programs may also be considered. A personal preparatory program for students with a bachelor’s/master’s degree in engineering is open to them. The initial program may be combined with a bachelor’s or master’s program.
Belgian Bachelors can apply for the preparatory course of 30 ECTS. You can find the details of the initial program in Dutch that leads to the Master of Science, Fotonica, or European MSc. Photonics.
VUB Scholarships provide the opportunity for recipients to:
Scholarships to the European Master of Science in Photonics
- The Vrije Universiteit Brussel will award several full scholarships of 10000 EUR to European Master of Science In Photonics students at VUB. The scholarship is intended to cover living expenses while you study in Brussels. Each application will only be considered if it is outstanding and motivated.
B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship scheme
- Three entry scholarships of 1000 EUR are available at the beginning semester of the MSc. These scholarships are awarded to the top three students according to our selection criteria.
- Three continuation scholarships worth 1500 EUR will be awarded starting the second semester of your MSc. After semester one, students’ academic performance will determine which three will be awarded. The Continuation Scholarship will also be awarded to students who have not received the Entry Scholarship.
- One Excellence Award will begin in the second year. It is worth 5000 Euro.
Criteria for VUB Scholarship
The following requirements must be met to qualify for VUB Scholarship.
- Eligible countries: All countries
- Required Languages English. International students need to speak English.
- A TOEFL test taken in the last two years shows a score of at least 570 (paper-based) and 87 (internet-based).
- Original “test report” (TRF) of IELTS. Issued within the past two years. A minimum overall band score of 6.
- Cambridge-ESOL: First certificate in English (FCE)
- Proof of proficiency in the language is not required for Holders of a diploma from secondary or higher education issued by an institution recognized within the Flemish Community.
- A language test is exempted if you have completed at least one year (60 credits), secondary or higher school education, where English was the medium of instruction (an official certificate must accompany you).
- Notify us if your proof of English proficiency/APS certificate is late. We will accept it.
How to apply for Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships
You can visit the official website link provided at the end. These are the steps you need to take to receive this scholarship.
(1) Applications must be submitted via an online application form. Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
(2) Add the following documents to your document:
- Copy of ID copied
- motivation letter
- Two recommendation letters
- Official Bachelor Degree or Official Certificate of Graduation
- Official transcript complete of records BSc
- official diploma or certificate of graduation
- Official transcript MSc complete
- official language certificate
- Description of all bachelor courses
For more information about VUB Scholarships, please visit the official website.