You can continue your education in Australia today as the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships are currently available. We will discuss the benefits of this scholarship program and how to apply.
Australia Government Research Training Program Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarships for international students. This scholarship is open to masters and Ph.D. students. RTP scholarship offers a monthly stipend fee. Offset covers tuition fees and allowances to aid students with the ancillary costs associated with higher degrees by research.
Participating universities manage and administer the Research Training Program (RTP). This is done on behalf of the Department of Education and Training. The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, or IPRS, was discontinued on 31 December 2016. It was replaced with the Research Training Program (RTP), effective 1 January 2017.
RTP grants block grants yearly to higher education institutions (HEPs). These grants can be used to help both domestic and international students who are pursuing Research Doctorate (or Research Masters’s) degrees. RTP Scholarships can only be applied to universities participating in the program. Each university has its application and selection process. Contact your university to find out how to apply to the RTP scheme.
RTP is a program that provides flexible funding to assist students from Australia and overseas in pursuing postgraduate research degrees at Australian universities. This program aims to give graduates the skills they need to enter academia and other parts of the labor force.
The program facilitates collaboration between universities and industries, and other research end-users. You can find information on beginning a postgraduate degree in research and university courses on the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching webpage. Study Assist provides information about student support. You can also find answers to student questions in the frequently asked questions section of the Study Assist website.
- Levels of Study: Masters. PhD
- Institutions: Participants Universities
- Study In: Australia
- Opportunity –Masters and Doctorate degrees offered by participating universities in Australia.
- Program Period: Research Master’s Scholarships are renewable for up to two years. For a research doctorate, a minimum of three years is required.
- Deadline: Varies, April-Oct (annual). The HEPs make the RTP Scholarship selection and application. Prospective candidates must contact their HEP’s postgraduate office to discuss how they can apply. The HESA list of HEPs eligible is listed in Tables A and B.
The Australian Government Research Training Program scholarship offers the following benefits:
- An RTP Stipend $505,076 for students to help with living costs while pursuing a higher research degree.
- RTP Fees Offset is used to offset tuition fees that would otherwise have been paid for by students. This means that the university must entirely cancel student tuition fees. This is not an allowance.
- RTP Allowances for students to cover ancillary costs associated with a higher degree in research (HDR). This includes moving costs to complete an HDR, HDR thesis print, and academic publication costs. It also covers health care costs for recipients and dependents.
Eligibility Criteria for Australian Government Research Training Program
The following criteria are required to qualify for an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship.
- English Required Language
- Eligible Country: All World Countries
- You can enroll in a higher degree program by doing research.
- Section 1.5 of Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines Research lists the essential eligibility criteria for RTP.
How to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program
To apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program, please follow these instructions:
- HEPs handle RTP Scholarships applications and selections. Prospective candidates must contact their HEP’s postgraduate office to learn more about how to apply. The HESA list of HEPs eligible is listed in Tables A and B.
- The deadline for each university is different, but generally, it falls between April and October each year.
- It is essential to review the Frequently Asked Question. Also, visit the University website for more details on how to apply.
Also, apply for the Chevening Scholarship. You will receive university tuition fees and a monthly living allowance. Economy class return airfare to the UK is also available.
Visit the official scholarship website to learn more about the Australian Government Research Training Program.