Start your Spain study adventure today as the The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships application is now open. We will discuss this scholarship program’s benefits and the application process.
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships 2022-2023 is a fully-funded master’s scholarship for international students. This scholarship allows the recipient to waive tuition fees up to 100% and provides a limited number of fully-funded scholarships.
The Barcelona GSE offers admission only to those applicants who have proven their potential to succeed in our intense Master’s programs. Candidates with the most talent receive financial offers that cover all or part of their tuition fees.
The Barcelona GSE has resources and generous public and private donors for this merit-based funding.
The Barcelona GSE provides financial aid that is based on academic merit. Waivers are granted for tuition fees at 100%, 75%, or 50% of the cost. A limited number of scholarships can be fully funded. Only outstanding candidates will be granted financial aid.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (also known as Barcelona GSE) is an independent education and research institution. The School offers master’s degrees in Finance, Economics, Data Science, and Finance. RePEc has placed it among the top Economics Departments around the globe.
We award 800,000EUR per year in merit-based funding for Master’s students. Nearly 36% have received funding for their studies, either in whole or part.
- Levels of Study: Masters
- Institutions: Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Study In: Barcelona Spain
- DeadlineJanuary 15, 20,22 / July 9, 2022
- Master’s Degree in Finance and Economics
- Economics Program
- Finance Program
- Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Program on Competition and Market Regulation
- Economics of Public Policy Program
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program
- Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science Program
These benefits are available to recipients of Barcelona Graduate School of Economics scholarships:
- Waivers for tuition fees of 100%, 75%, or 50%
- Teaching Assistantships
- There are a limited number of fully-funded scholarships.
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
All the requirements listed below are necessary to qualify for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics scholarships.
- Require Languages: English
- Eligible Country: International Students from Developing Countries
- An undergraduate/bachelor/Grado/laurea, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS are required).
- A typical applicant would have a University Diploma or Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, or Engineering.
- To demonstrate advanced English language skills, a TOEFL score of 90 or higher or an IELTS Academic Test score of 6.5 or higher.
- While not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
- GRE General Test
- Please note that admission is not guaranteed if all requirements are met. These admission criteria will also be considered:
- Outstanding academic record
- Quantitative skills
- Reference letters
How to Apply for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Awards
To apply for this scholarship, please follow these instructions:
(1) Gather all your application materials
- Undergraduate transcripts Accepted students must submit official transcripts in September to register for courses. This is before the academic calendar begins.
- Undergraduate diploma
- Take a photo of your passport.
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- Statement of purpose (maximum 700 characters)
- Documentation proving English language proficiency: You will need to provide TOEFL scores and IELTS or Cambridge certificates if you do not speak English fluently. If you don’t have one of these certificates, we recommend you wait to apply so you can meet the requirements with the required documents.
- Optional but strongly recommended: GRE General Test scores. All program applicants are encouraged to submit the GRE General Test scores. These scores can often be an essential factor in admission decisions.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s in social science or another undergraduate degree with no vital quantitative component will find a great GRE score especially helpful. Directors have identified outstanding candidates in the past by using their GRE scores. However, they could not find those with a lot of mathematical experience. Therefore, we encourage all candidates to take the GRE. (Barcelona GSE Institution Code for GRE General Test:2531).
- Two reference letters are:
- – Intellectual ability
- – Research skills/experience
- Motivation to tackle challenges
- – The ability to work in groups
- – A tendency to thrive in a changing environment
(2) Please complete the online submission form. All programs use one online application form. After creating your application, you can choose to list three programs in the order you prefer.
(3) One application may be submitted per academic year with three program options.
(4) An application fee of 60EUR is payable (non-refundable). You can use most major bank transfers and credit cards.
If you are eligible for financial aid, you will be notified within 4-6 weeks.
Please visit this official website for more information about the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships.