What is the best way on How to get a job in China after graduation? You can stay in the country for your first job. Based on my personal experience, this is a step-by-step guide to helping foreigners get a job after graduation in China.
- Before interviewing, find out more about China’s culture of the business. China’s business culture is different from anywhere else in the world. The face is an integral part of your business. It is the way you display control and respect. To get the best experience, it is essential to be familiar with Chinese terminology.
- Search for a job with an international company that has a China office.
- Get up to speed on mandarin. If you are unsure, take a course. You will gain confidence in your language skills and demonstrate your commitment to culture.
- Keep on time. The face is essential. First impressions matter a lot. It is important to arrive on time for interviews.
- Listen to your Chinese friends. Your Chinese friends will be able to share their experiences with you, which will give you a unique perspective on how to succeed in China.
What’s the situation in China’s labor market?
China’s economy is strong, and there are plenty of job opportunities. There is intense competition, so you must determine what will make your application stand out from others in your particular field. Many large multinationals like HSBC, Microsoft, and IBM have offices in China, where they actively search for employees with international backgrounds. This is excellent news, especially for international graduates.
Which jobs are most sought-after in China?
China is home to many other industries, including those mentioned above. These include consumer products and telecommunications. China has a shortage of skilled workers in engineering and medicine, informatics, environmental technology, production, tourism, and other fields.
Is it possible to work in China as a graduate?
Students from international countries may have difficulty working in China. It also doesn’t allow them to work while studying. Students can apply for a Z visa (also known as a work visa) after graduation. This visa requires at least two years of experience in work. Some exceptions exist, however, as is the case for teaching English in China. Twelve programs per month are available to recruit English teachers.
You may also want to learn. How do I apply for a Chinese Student Visa?
How to Apply for Work Visa (Z Visa) in China
This step-by-step guide will help you to apply for a Z visa in China.
Original signed passport, at least six months remaining validity, blank visa page pages, and a photocopy of the passport’s page data and page with the photograph page, if separate.
(2) Visa Application Form (Form V.2013), as well as Photo
One completed Visa Application Form. A photo on glossy photo paper must be attached to the form.
(3) Evidence of legal stay (applicable for non-U.S. citizens).
The photocopy and original of your visa or a valid residence, employment, or student certificate must be presented.
(4) Copy of any previous Chinese visas or passports (applicable to citizens from China who have acquired foreign citizenship).
Your previous Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page are required if you apply for a Chinese Visa for the first time. If you have already obtained Chinese visas and wish to apply for a Chinese passport with a renewed foreign passport, but not one with any Chinese keys, you must present your previous passport’s photocopy and data pages. You must present a document of name change if your name appears differently on your current passport. )
(5) A copy of one of the following documents is available:
- Chinese government authorities issued a Foreigners Employment Permit for the People’s Republic of China. For 90 days or less, you must submit an Approval of short-term employment for foreigners working in P.R. China. Your visa application must be made before the Approval begins. You will only be permitted to work for the period indicated in the Approval.
- Permits for Foreign Experts to Work in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts.
- Chinese authorities of commercial and industrial administration issue registration certificates for representative offices of enterprises in foreign countries.
- A Chinese government approval document for commercial performances. If you perform for less than 90 days, you must submit an Approval Short-Term Employment For Foreigners Working in P.R. China. Your visa application must be made before the Approval begins. If you do not, your performance will be restricted to the time specified in the Approval.
- China National Offshore Oil Corporation issues a Letter to Invitation Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations In China.
- The applicant must ensure that all information included in the application is correct and accurate. Incorrect, misleading, or false information can refuse entry to China.
- The invitation letter could be faxed, printed out, or photocopied. A consular officer may require the applicant to submit an original invitation.
- A person’s application will determine whether or not a consular officer can grant a visa. The consular officer will determine the allowed validity, length of stay, and several entry points.
- The holder of a Z visa category must apply for a residence visa at the local authorities within 30 days after entry to China unless the Duration Of Each Stay is set as 30 days.
China Offers Work Opportunities for International Students
New work regulations in China for foreign graduates and holders of foreign degrees make a living and work in the country easier. This latest measure is part of China’s strategy for promoting itself as a top destination for studying and attracting talent to globalize its workforce.
According to new regulations announced by the Ministries of Human Resources and Social Security, Foreign Affairs, and Education on January 6, foreign graduates with a master’s degree or higher from Chinese universities are eligible to apply immediately for work visas. In the same way, graduates from foreign universities with master’s degrees or higher can apply for jobs as graduate workers in China within one calendar year after graduation. International students and students holding foreign degrees were required to have at least two years’ work experience. International graduates were prevented from going to work after completing this requirement.
According to the Ministry of Education 390,000 students abroad studied in China in 2015. The country is working to increase student participation.
Foreign students can apply for a 1-year work visa if they have been guaranteed employment by a Chinese company. This must be in a job that matches their degree, the market demands, and has a competitive salary. Over 18 years, must have a grade of B (80% or more) and no criminal record.
Here are some helpful sites to help you find work in China
Here are some helpful websites for finding a job in China
Let us know if there are any other sites that you think would be useful in finding work in China.