Start your journey to Germany with a study abroad program. the Current Humboldt Research Fellowships are available. We will be discussing the benefits of this fellowship and the application process.
The Humboldt Research Fellowships 2022-2023, fully-funded scholarships for international students, are funded by the Humboldt Foundation. These scholarships can only be used for postdoctoral research. This fellowship offers a monthly fellowship worth 3,150 EUR and financial support to accompany family members or items.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation supports highly qualified scholars and scientists from around the world who have just started their academic careers or completed their doctorates less than four years ago. They can spend extended periods in Germany conducting research (6-24 months).
The research outline is developed in collaboration with academic hosts from research institutions in Germany. Each applicant chooses their topic of research and the host in Germany. Before applying, the intended host must approve details of the research plan and information about the fellowship’s duration. Sponsorship is not available to short-term visitors for training or study purposes.
- Level Of Study: Post Doctoral
- Institution(s): Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Study In: Germany
- Courses offered: Click here for all available courses
- Program PeriodSix-to-24 Months
- Deadline Open throughout all of the year
The benefits of the Humboldt Research Fellowship are as follows:
- A monthly fellowship of 2,670 EUR is available to postdoctoral scholars (doctorate completed in the last four years). Postdoctoral researchers can receive a monthly fellowship worth 3,150 EUR (doctorate completed within 12 years).
- You can choose a flexible start date or, for more experienced researchers, split the fellowship into three stays.
- Mentoring individuals during the sponsorship period
- Before the fellowship, intensive German language class for spouses and partners.
- After the research period has ended, additional financial support to accompany family members and expenses such as travel expenses and comprehensive alumni sponsorship.
Eligibility Criteria for Humboldt Research Fellowship
To be eligible for the Humboldt Research Fellowship, candidates must meet these requirements:
- Required Language: English or German
- Eligible countries: All countries
- A doctorate or equivalent academic degree (PhD., CSc. or equivalent) must be completed within four years.
- Academic publications that comply with international standards are evaluated and published in journals and publishing houses.
- Confirmation that research facilities exist, mentoring agreement, detailed expert’s testimony by an academic host at a German research institution.
- Expert reviews from the doctoral supervisor, another academic qualified to offer well-founded remarks on the applicant’s qualification.
- Essential language skills: Humanities, social sciences, and medicine: German. Otherwise, a good knowledge of English. Natural sciences & engineering: Good knowledge of English or German.
- The Humboldt Foundation assumes the candidates will follow the Rules Of Good Scientific Practice and legally-binding principles and ethics of scientific ethics during their application and sponsorship periods.
For a salary of approximately. $88,800 per annum
How to apply for Humboldt Research Fellowship
To apply for the Humboldt Research Fellowship, please follow these steps:
(1). You must choose two hosts, whether they are individuals or institutions in Germany, and ask them to confirm the research.
Please note: If you want the institute to host, you must specify the length of your stay.
(2). Open an account using and attach the following files:
- Curriculum vitae (two pages max).
- Research outline (maximum five pages).
- Complete list.
- Liste of selected key publications
- These are the key publications.
- Doctoral certificate
- German language certificate, where applicable.
- Statement of the host and confirmation that research facilities are available.
- Two expert reviews.
- Additional information may be required, such as the publisher’s letter(s), acknowledgment(s), or acceptance(s) of receipt. Also, summaries and translations of critical publications.
For more information about Humboldt Research Fellowship, please visit the official website.