You can pursue your studies in Japan. This is a piece of great news! Applications for the NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 are currently open. This article will provide a detailed explanation of this scholarship program, its advantages, and the step-by-step application procedures.
The NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022-2023 offers a fully-funded scholarship to international students. The period of employment runs three years or more after the initial date of appointment and is renewed each year. This fellowship will offer an annual salary of approx—4,100,000 JPY, which includes taxes paid. The mutual society will also provide health insurance and the allowance for commuting (conditional) and compensation insurance.
The National Institute of Genetics (herein” NIG”) employs promising young researchers in the form of NIG postdoctoral researchers (herein” NIG postdocs”). It allows them to participate in research at NIG over a brief duration of time. The goal is to develop further the study conducted at NIG and encourage researchers with outstanding research skills.
The National Institute of Genetics (NIG) was founded by the Ministry of Education in 1949 to conduct comprehensive and systematic research in theory and fundamental analysis of genetics and its teaching and advancement.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): National Institute of Genetics
- Study in Japan Japan
- Opportunity Priorities: See the list below.
- Program Time: The period of employment can be up to 3 years starting from the date of hiring and then reappointed annually.
- Deadline: July 07, 2022
- Genome Informatics
- Plant Genetics
- Evolutionary Genetics
- Ecological Genetics
- DNA Data Analysis
- Population Genetics
- Symbiosis and Cell Evolution
- Model Fish Genetics
- Multicellular Organization
- Brain Function
- Molecular and Developmental Biology
- Cell Dynamics and Signaling
- Plant Cytogenetics
- Mammalian Neural Circuits
- Microbial Physiology
- Mouse Genomics Resource
- Molecular Cell Engineering
- Genome Dynamics
- Cell Architecture
- Invertebrate Genetics
- Quantitative Mechanobiology
- Systems Neuroscience
- Chromosome Biochemistry
For more information, visit this link.
- The duration of employment is for up to 3 years, starting from the date of initial appointment, and reappointment is each year.
The NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship offers
- The annual salary is around. 4,100,000 JPY with tax paid.
- Health insurance mutual society,
- Allowance for commuters (conditional),
- The insurance for employees will be paid.
- Compensation insurance
Eligibility Criteria for NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship
To be eligible for NIG Postdoctoral Fellowships at the National Institute of Genetics in Japan, the candidate must meet the following conditions as listed below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- People with the right research capabilities to carry out research projects in genetics.
- People who have earned a Ph.D. or equivalent degree (or equivalent) are expected to get it. It must be made before the date of arrival at the job.
- Candidates who were enrolled in NIG before March 31, 2021, are not eligible for application. Postdocs, former postdocs, technical staff employed at NIG, and graduate students (at the Dept. of Genetics SOKENDAI) are not eligible. Visits for a temporary duration, like internships, are not considered part of the program.
- NIG postdocs will be expected to contribute to the growth of all NIG research. (For instance, they are expected to participate actively in NIG Poster sessions, NIG Retreats, and join NIG conferences.). This is why research plans that require long-term stays at an institute or university that isn’t part of NIG generally are not accepted.
- NIG postdocs must present their achievements during the NIG colloquium after their tenure.
- Publications should include acknowledgment of the financial support received by the NIG postdoc grants.
How to Apply for NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship?
Follow the steps below to apply for NIG Postdoctoral Fellowships at the National Institute of Genetics in Japan:
(1) PDF files of the following should be sent by email following a meeting with your potential researcher about your research project.
Please visit the website to find contact information and a research outline of the PIs seeking postdocs. NIG Website:
(2) Prepare the following documents from Forms 1 through 4 on the forms specified, which can be downloaded by clicking the hyperlink. The following tips must be considered while preparing your documents.
- The applications must be completed by hand in Japanese as well as English.
- Figures can be added, and the color is available within Format 2 or 4.
- Do not alter the layout size (A4) or the number of pages.
- 2 . Reference letters from Supervisors and Host PI.
(3) Send the files after merging them into a single PDF file to this email:
To learn more about NIG Postdoctoral Fellowships at the National Institute of Genetics in Japan, Please visit the official websites: