Scholarship signifies academic excellence. No one gets qualified bfor a scholarship, unless he/she is academically meritorious.
As an asylum in the UK, you will likely need a scholarship to achieve your academic aim, and that’s why we’ve made this article just for you.
In this article, we have reviewed the top 10 Scholarships for Asylum Seekers in the UK 2022.
How To Get Access To Grants For Asylum Seekers Education
Asylum refers to those who have left their home country, to seek for protection in another country. In another words, asylum in the UK refers to those who have left their home country, due to security issue, financial issue etc, to seek for protection in the UK.
Understand the law, those who are legally recognized as asylum in the UK are entitled to some things, and one of them is scholarship opportunity.
To get access to grants as an asylum seeker, kindly follow these few steps.
- Be legally recognized as an asylum: You can’t be in the UK by yourself and consider yourself as an Asylum. In many cases, the UK government is the one that usually brings asylum into the country.
- Apply For A Scholarship: Once you are recognized as an asylum in the UK, you can proceed to apply for a scholarship of your choice.
Read further, to learn more about tips, to get a scholarship as an asylum seeker in the UK, and also the available list of scholarships in the country.
Tips To Get Scholarship In The UK As An Asylum Seeker.
Getting a scholarship opportunity as an asylum in the UK isn’t an easy task, nor a game of luck. If you can follow and apply the right tips, you can be guaranteed a scholarship opportunity.
The below are tips to get a scholarship opportunity in the UK.
- Follow procedures: For every scholarship opportunity in the UK, there are always laid down procedures. Do not attempt to skip any of the procedures, and make sure you follow them adequately.
- Follow rules: For every scholarship opportunity, some rules accompany it. Make sure you follow all these rules, and you do not skip any of them.
Top 10 Scholarships For Asylum Seekers In The UK.
Having known all the things that are needed to be known. It’s time you get to know the available scholarships in the UK, for asylum seekers.
We’ve researched the top 10 Scholarships, for asylum seekers in the UK, and here are them.
Cardiff Metropolitan University Scholarship
Cardiff Metropolitan University is one of the most sought schools so far, it has an acceptance rate of 3% including international students from 57 countries. Cardiff Metropolitan University is ranked 8th as the best university in the world and 3rd according to the US College rankings.
Cardiff Metropolitan University Admission Requirements For International Students.
- Mid-year report
- ACT or SAT results
- School report with transcript
- Recommendations from two teachers
- Supplementary materials for students who wish to major in music, dance, film or visual arts.
- Statement of purpose
- Standardized test results (GMAT, IELTS, GRE, TOEFL)
- List of all universities/colleges attended with their unofficial transcripts
- Resume or writing sample (depending on the program applied for)
- 3wtter of recommendations.
How To Apply For Cardiff Metropolitan University Scholarship
You must submit all necessary materials to the scholarship board online.
- Standardized testing result
- Two teacher recommendations
- Counselor recommendations
- School report mid year report
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Final report
- An email will be sent to your mail box to confirm whether you have been accepted or rejected.
Click here to visit Cardiff Metropolitan University’s official website to know more about the scholarship.
Canterbury Christchurch University Scholarship
The below are the scholarship opportunities under this scholarship opportunity for asylum students.
- Departmental Scholarship
Most departments in Canterbury Christchurch University offer their respective students Scholarship opportunities and the criteria varies for each department.
Click here to find out more about the scholarship.
- Graduate Assistance
There are three types of graduate assistance section you can choose from such as:
- Graduate Teaching Associate: Here you will be required to teach as an assistant in exchange for your tuition fee waiver, stipends and other fees.
- Research Associate: You will be required to partake in a research project in exchange for your tuition fee waiver, stipends and other fees.
- Administration Associate: Just like the above mentioned, you will be required to assist in administration in exchange for your tuition fee waiver, stipends and other fees.
Click here to find out more about the scholarship.
- Special Scholarship
To apply for this Scholarship as an OSU student, you need to complete the institution Scholarship universe application. All you need is your login details given to you after admission.
Click here to find out more about the scholarship.
Cambridge University Scholarship
Cambridge University is a private institution situated in Ithaca, New York. Cambridge University is a member of The Ivy League University in the United States. With a population of more than 24,000 students, Cambridge University was founded in 1865. It is best known for its academic excellence and prestige.
Admission Requirements For Cambridge University International Students
- Undergraduate Program Requirements
Cambridge University does not have separate requirements for international students. That is, the same requirements provided by the local applicants are what the international students also provide.
- Proof of English proficiency
- High school transcripts with collection of certain reports as required by the program applied for.
- Human Ecology – case study/design challenge, portfolio
- Architecture – interview, portfolio.
- ACT or SAT score
- Graduate Program Requirements
- 2 – 3 letters of recommendations
- Proof of English Proficiency
- GRE or GMAT scores
- Transcript of baccalaureate degree
- Academic statement of purpose.
Brunel University Scholarship
Brunel University was founded in 1871. It is the first public institution of higher education in Texas. It is a land grant, space grant and sea grant university best known for its program in agriculture, engineering, and technology
Host Country: USA
institution: Brunel University
Levels: Brunel University is available for both graduates and degree programs.
Deadline: Brunel University Scholarship is different from other institutions as their scholarship and merit is available per semester. That is, you can apply for these merit and scholarship programs each semester instead of the normal annual scholarship schemes other institutions offer.
- Fall Semester: This is available to applicants from June 15 – July 15
- Spring Semester: This is available to applicants from November 2 – December 2
- Summer Semester: This is available to applicants from March 22 – April 22
University Of Bristol
The University Of Bristol is one of the best universities globally. Founded on 23rd March 1886, it operated first in Oakland before they moved to Berkeley in 1873. They have several satellite programs and branch locations. The University Of Bristol currently has 10 campuses and as of 2020, the number of students enrolled in the school was 285, 862 with an academic staff of about 24,400.
Eligibility For University Scholarship
- You must enroll full-time during 2020-2021 academic year
- You must be a current student of the institution
- You must complete at least 24 units by the end of spring with a minimum 3.25 cumulative grade point average.
- You must complete the online Northridge Scholarship Program application workshop
University Of Chester
University Of Chester is one of the best universities globally and it was founded in 1885. It is an institution where students are shaped into better individuals through discovery, innovation, learning, etc
How To Apply For University Of Chester Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, you must have applied for the Knight Hennessy scholarship program separately. To apply:
- You must have created an account online and submit your application
- You must submit all necessary Knight Hennessey scholarship materials needed in English via online application
- Materials sent through postal mails, emails etc are not accepted
- Latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is highly recommended to be used while applying online.
Click here to visit their official site to know more about the University Of Chester Scholarship Program.
City, University Of London
In 1767, the University Of London became the first American Medical School to award the M.D degree. The name “Columbia” came into existence in 1784. As time went on, the institution rapidly increased and established new sections and majors such as The Columbia School Of Arts established in 1858 and the first Mining School in 1864.
Host Country: UK
Institution: University Of London
Program Level: Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D
Duration: According to the program the applicant chose.
Deadline: Check each scholarship site for more details.
The University Of London offers a variety of Scholarship opportunities to both indigene and international students. As long as you meet the scholarship eligibility as an applicant, you will be awarded the scholarship.
University Of Bradford
With a campus size of 36 acres, the University Of Bradford is a private institution and has a total number of undergraduates to be 6,170 (fall 2020), and this prestigious university is located in New York City.
The University Of Bradford has three undergraduate schools which are:
- The FU Foundation School Of Engineering And Applied Science
- The School Of General Studies and
- Columbia College
They also have several graduate and professional schools such as: Law School, Surgeons, College Of Physicians, Business School, Teachers College etc
How To Apply For Momentum Scholarship
To apply for this Scholarship, applicants must have completed both the college admission application and the Momentum Scholarship Application before the deadline which is January 4.
Program Specific Scholarship
As a student at the University Of Bradford, you might be eligible for a major related Scholarship such as Music, Art, Dance, etc. To know if you are eligible for this Scholarship, contact your program coordinator.
Click here to find out more about this Scholarship
University Of Birmingham
The University Of Birmingham has made available several Scholarship and merit programs to aid international students during their stay in school as they pursue educational knowledge in their respective fields of study.
- Laid Law Undergraduate Research And Leadership Scholarship Program
This Scholarship is available to students who are interested in improving his/her research and leadership skills. It invokes the applicant to partake in an international focused research.
Scholarship Amount: $3,750
- Personal leadership statement
- A resume
- Proposed research plan
- Recommendation letters
Click here to visit the Scholarship site to know more
- University Of Birmingham Fellowship
University Of Birmingham Fellowship scholarship is available to first year applicants and it covers one year’s worth of tuition or one semester worth of tuition. It also provides individual health insurance, research funding.
Click here to visit the Scholarship site to know more.
Aston University Scholarship
Aston University offers a variety of Scholarship opportunities to both indigene and international students. As long as you meet the scholarship eligibility as an applicant, you will be awarded the scholarship.
Aston University For Asylum Students Requirements
- You must have earned or will earn a 3 years bachelor degree in Bangladesh, India, New Zealand, Australia and other countries which are participants in the Bologna Process.
- Applicants whose undergraduate degree was awarded by an institution in a country whose first language is not English must complete the requirements.
- Applicants whose undergraduate degree was awarded by an institution in a country whose first language is English must complete the requirements.
The requirements can be fulfilled by sitting for the following exams: IELTS, TOEFL or the Duolingo English Test with a minimum score of:
- 100 on the TOEFL internet-based test
- 120 on the Duolingo English Test
- 600 on TOEFL paper based test
- 7.5 on IELTS.
The above are the available scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK. Kindly give the article the widest publicity.