Service NSW was established in July 2019 and joined the Department of Customer Service. They offer world-class, one-stop services for customers, partners, and businesses.
Service NSW work permit places customer satisfaction at the top of its priorities. They use the best service delivery methods from the private and public sectors to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
Service NSW is passionate about creating a culture in which reward and recognition are central to their team environment. They are passionate about creating opportunities for people who want to be innovative, change-driven and grow their careers.
They serve as a Network Leader’ by providing the MyServiceNSW Account. This is also the single door to government services. They are responsible for Service Delivery and Reform via Service NSW omnichannel and Service NSW for Business.
Service NSW Work Permit channels
Service NSW offers a variety of NSW Government services through:
- Easy-to-use, user-friendly and customer-friendly website
- Service centres with extended hours
- Service NSW staff can answer the phone.
Services available in NSW
Service NSW offers more than 1200 transactions for:
- Fair Trading
- SafeWork NSW
- Births, Deaths, and Marriages
- Housing NSW
- Office of State Revenue
- Ageing, disability and home care
- Office of Environment and Heritage
- Department of Primary Industries
- Transport for NSW
- Liquor and Gaming NSW
- NSW Trustee & Guardian
- Department of Education
- NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
- Police NSW
Service NSW continually expands to provide a comprehensive, single-stop government service delivery model. The Annual Reports also contain information on the current structure, functions and status of Service NSW.
How to apply for Service NSW Work Permit
Employers need to know the employees’ name, ABN and company address to issue work permits. The employee’s expected hours and dates of work, as well as the employee’s birth date, will be required.
How to apply for an NSW Work Permit
The same measures were in place during the state’s Stage 4 lockdown.
Employers that issue work permits to employees not meeting the scheme’s requirements will be subject to penalties up to $21,808 (individuals) and $109,000.44 (businesses).
There may be an $1817 penalty for those not carrying their permit.
Register for Service NSW Work Permit
What do employers need to know?
- Name, ABN and company address.
- The date and name of the employee
- Employee’s work hours and workplace
- It would help if you met all eligibility criteria. This includes that your business is allowed to do so.
- To comply with all applicable legal obligations
- To have a COVID-19-safe plan in place
- To authorize the person or persons to issue the worker’s permit.
How to apply for a permit through Service NSW
To apply, employers must fill out the template on the government website and have it signed off by an authorized person (ie. The CEO, an HR manager or an operations manager.
How to get an NSW work permit
Each employee on-site needs to have an individual work permit. The details of how to issue a permit and a permit for work in a concerned area must be included.
Service NSW permits: How to obtain one
Victoria’s workplaces cannot allow workers to work in the workplace unless they are licensed providers or services or authorized workers (visit this webpage to view a list of authorized workers and providers).
NSW Work Permit Application Form
Download the NSW Permit to Work
Authorized worker permit (PDF) and authorized provider permit(PDF).
Service NSW Work permit Employers may issue a permit to employees who work in the workplace if they:
- The organization is on the Authorized provider and authorized worker list
- The employee works in an approved area for on-site work.
- An employee cannot work remotely.
- An employee may not require a work permit in exceptional circumstances. This includes:
- Employees at risk in their homes, such as family violence or other forms of domestic violence, should be notified.
- Law enforcement, emergency service personnel, and health care workers with employer-issued photographic IDs identify the employer. These are the exceptions.
How to issue worker permits
Each employee must be issued a work permit detailing the details.
Employers need to:
- Get the Authorized Worker Permit. Could you fill it out?
- This template is required by employers to be used for work permits under the scheme.
- Sign the worker’s permit. You can either print it and sign it or electronically.
- An authorized person must sign the worker permit. This could be the CEO, HR manager, or operation manager.
- They must be held responsible for what they give.
- Victoria Police, or other enforcement agencies, may contact them to verify details.
- Ask the employee for a worker permit. They can sign the worker permit electronically or print it.
- You can send the work permit to your employees by text or email.
- Employees can travel to work with a work permit only once they have their first permit.
How the public can take part in what they do
Service NSW welcomes any feedback or input regarding its services from the community and the general public. These feedbacks help inform the policy and publication of Service NSW. Should you wish to provide feedback, please call 13 77 88 or email